Search for subsidies and support

Page Number: 126

Short-Term Childcare Support Services(Short Stays for Children)

Sending child Pre-school Elementary school students Middle school students High school students

When parents or guardians are temporarily unable to care for their child at home due to illness or childcare fatigue, they may ask for their child to be placed in the care of a foster home institution for children or infants. Please note that this service is unavailable when the number of families requesting it exceeds the capacity of the institution.

Eligible Residents

For children under age 18 living within Fukuoka City

User Fees(Cost per day)


Household receiving public assistance

Single-parent household and/or Municipal-tax-exempt household

Other households
Your child's age Under 2 years old Free of charge 5,350yen
Over 2 years old Free of charge 2,750yen

Period of use

As a rule, this service may be used for up to 7 days. 

Necessary Procedures

Please go to the Family and Child Consultation Room of each ward office to complete the necessary procedures to apply for this service.

※However, in urgent cases, such as on weekends, please go directly to the facility.

  Institution Name Telephone number
Foster Home Facilities for Children Wajiro Seishoen 092-606-2109
Fukuoka Child Care Center 092-621-2241
Fukuoka Children's House 092-803-1217
Foster Home Facilities for Infants Fukuoka Infant Care Center 092-573-7025
Mizuho Infant Care Center 092-871-6172
Fukuoka City Child & Family Support Center SOS Children's Village 092-805-6800


Contact Information

Family and Child Counseling Section, Child Care Support Division, inside the Health and Welfare Center of each ward office

Higashi Ward 

Telephone number: 092-645-1072

Hakata Ward

Telephone number: 092-419-1084

Chuo Ward

Telephone number: 092-718-1104

Minami Ward

Telephone number: 092-559-5124

Jonan Ward

Telephone number: 092-833-4104

Sawara Ward

Telephone number: 092-833-4357

Nishi Ward

Telephone number: 092-895-7069

Department: Child and Family Consultation Room, Child-Rearing Support Section