Search for subsidies and support

Page Number: 29

Independence Support Education and Training Subsidy

I want to go to work Getting money

When a single parent takes and completes an education and training course to develop skills leading to employment, a portion of the course fees paid will be subsidized.

Eligibility Criteria

An unmarried person with a dependent child under 20 years old, who meets all of the following criteria:

  • The applicant has an address in Fukuoka City. 
  • The applicant is receiving a child rearing allowance or has an income level equivalent to an allowance recipient.
  • The applicant is receiving the educational training deemed necessary to find a suitable job.
  • The applicant has not received any prior educational training subsidies to support independence.
Eligible Courses

Educational training courses designated under the employment insurance system as (1) General, (2) Specific and General, or (3) Specialized Practical training courses.
*The courses in categories (2) and (3) are limited to those aiming at obtaining specialized qualifications.

*Those wishing to receive the subsidy must submit an application form for their desired course at the reception desk and be assigned to that course before it starts.

Subsidy Amounts
  • For those who do NOT qualify for the Employment Insurance Education and Training Subsidy:
      -60% of the course fee (up to 200,000 yen) for courses in categories (1) and (2) above
      -If taking a course listed in category (3) above ... 60% of the course fee (up to 400,000 yen) for a maximum of 4 years
  • For those who qualify for the Employment Insurance Educational Training Subsidy:
      The amount of your Employment Insurance Education and Training Subsidy will be subtracted from the above payment.

*The subsidy will be paid after completing the course.

Contact Information

Family and Child Counseling Office, Child Rearing Support Division of each ward

  • Higashi Ward Office:092-645-1072
  • Hakata Ward Office:092-419-1084
  • Chuo Ward Office:092-718-1104
  • Minami Ward Office:092-559-5124
  • Jonan Ward Office:092-833-4104
  • Sawara Ward Office:092-833-4357
  • Nishi Ward Office:092-895-7069


Department: Child and Family Consultation Room, Child-Rearing Support Section